Thursday, October 17, 2013

Day 18: Evan

Meet Evan! He is 10 months old.

Biggest challenge Ds has brought to his family: The hardest part is all the struggles we've had (with his medical issues and therapies), but he is a tough lil' cowboy! I wouldn't change one chromosome, but I wish we could catch a break. I know if he can handle it so can I, and later on in life he's going to show the world just how amazing being born with a little something extra can be.

Coolest thing about Evan: He has shown me just how strong I am and who truly matters/cares. He's helped me figure out what I want to do with my life. I'm so thankful for all the amazing people we've met through this journey he's taking me and my family on, and I hope he can look back later and see how loved he is by his T21 family!



We have gotten to know Evan and his mommy quite well over the last several months. I first met them while Evan was in the NICU. I knew from the moment I saw him that he was a fighter. He spent the first months of his life in the hospital undergoing two open heart surgeries and and a number of other surgeries. His mom and I have become good friends and I must tell you how incredibly awesome she is too. She's a single mother who works hard everyday to give everything to her two boys. She travels many hours several times a month to come here for doctor's appointments. Evan will have to have another open heart surgery sometime in the next year. I love this little boy and I keep praying that they can put all this medical stuff behind them soon. I know he and Camden will be the best of friends and I look forward to watching them grow up together! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope they'll be able to put this medical stuff behind them as well.

    ReplyDelete