Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 13: Ethan

Meet Ethan! He is 13 months old.

Biggest challenge Ds has brought to his family: Ethan was born with a congenital heart defect known as AVSD. He had a very difficult winter and could barely fight off the common cold. He spent a total of 50 days in the hospital. He stopped eating by mouth and got a NG tube (feeding tube in his nose). He had his heart repaired in February and then a belly surgery and a G-tube placed in April. Since then he has made leaps and bounds! He's finally drinking from a bottle, nearly all of his feeds. We are working closely with occupational, physical, and speech therapy. I want to give everything and more to both of my boys. I want Ethan to excel just like his older brother. There is nothing that holds us back.

Coolest thing about Etan: I love how excited he is to see me when I get home from work. He grins from ear to ear and just hoots and hollers. I love how much he is loved by our friends and family. We have a FB page I made for him when he was really sick.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad he's getting on track with his health. He deserves it for sure!

    ReplyDelete