Thursday, March 21, 2013

"Who I Am"

Today March 21 is World Down Syndrome Day. 3/21 represents three copies of the 21st chromosome. The International Down Syndrome Coalition (IDSC) is promoting the theme of "Who I Am". Since Camden is still a tad bit young to tell you himself, I would like to do it for him.

Camden is:

 
A Son
 
 
 
 
 
His Bubba's Best Friend
 


 
 
A Fighter
 
 
 
Vocal
 
 
 
A Hard Worker
 
 
 
A Charmer
 
 
 
Extraordinary
 
 
 
Just Like You
 
 
 
 
A note from mom:
 
I am blessed to be Camden's mother
I am a better person
I am an advocate
I am part of a wonderful community I never knew existed
I am more compassionate
I am more aware
I am learning patience
I am slowing down to enjoy each day
I am a better mom
 
 
Please check out this amazing video put out by the IDSC:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Meghan! I was trying to keep it simple since I'm not good with words. ;)

      Delete