Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The Positives

After my last post a friend of mine said I needed to take a break from my own head. Ha Ha! That is so true! Believe it or not, there are a gazillion of positive things going on inside this big head of mine so I thought I would write about those and share them with you.

Camden wakes up every morning with a big smile on his sweet little face. He still sleeps in our room (I just can't seem to put him on the other side of the house) so we instantly know when he's awake. Since my husband is so amazing, he is the one who ususally gets him to feed him his first bottle. Richard always tells me that Camden is waiting patiently in his bed with a big grin. I get to witness this every so often when Richard has to leave early and I get to be the one to lift him out of the bed. There is no better way to start your day!



I'm really starting to see the bond grow between Carter and Camden. Carter has always loved his baby bubba, but would often get bored since Camden would just kind of lay there. Now that Camden is more active and more expressive Carter is wanting to be around him all the time. I will be in the other room sometimes and then will come into the room where the boys are and I will find Carter leaning over Camden hugging him and kissing him. Then he always says "I love you baby bubba". It is the sweetest thing ever. He gets down on the floor with him for tummy time to play with him. If Camden is fussy and tired we usually put him in his rock n play and rock him to sleep. Now Carter does the same. Camden will watch Carter closely (maybe it's more to keep an eye on him) and will just smile. It's so amazing to see the connection forming between these two. We don't get to see the big bubbas much because they are just so busy. It's summer so there is always something going on and one has a full time job. We did get to see Rylie a few days ago and I still get a warm and fuzzy feeling in my heart when I see him interacting with his younger brothers. I don't even have to ask him if he wants to hold Camden, he will just reach out to take him. There is much love there.





Camden is starting to "talk" even more these days. He started babbling more a while back, but then would stop or just do it every once in a while. Now he is actually putting together ba ba ba and ma ma ma sounds which is great to hear! He has been talking almost non stop the last few days and I'm loving it. Most of the time he really looks like he has something very serious to say and it's so stinkin cute.

 

 
He has also found his feet! I know this is not a big deal to most, but it's a really big deal around here! This is a milestone that we have been waiting for. He is always grabbing his feet now and actually starting to turn over to his side. I'm hoping this will give him the little push he needs to roll over. Either way, we will wait for it.



These are just a few great things going on right now around here. It really is pretty great most of the time. I only share the negatives because I want to be honest and it helps to get the feelings out. I do not ever want to forget the positives though, because those are so much better!

6 comments:

  1. Love Camden's early morning smile! So cute! I find that it is difficult to blog in a balanced way. I probably tend more to the happy/unicorns/rainbows stuff but real life is a lot more complex. It's hard to adequately process - in writing - all the difficult things, while at the same time celebrating all life's wonderful things ... even though everybody lives in that tension. I think you do a good job. And I know you'll appreciate having these memories in writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm definitely in the middle. I really hope after getting past the first year I may be more on the unicorn and rainbow side of things. Everyone said it would be tough and it definitely is. Sometimes I write about the bad things and then regret it because I don't want people to think there is no good happening when in reality it's mostly great! That's what's great about all the bloggers... everyone is so different. I find a lot of comfort in reading about all your families!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog because you do share the highs and the lows. I think it is important to share both and not lean to much one way or the other. Because that's just life right, ups and downs? I think you do a good job Diane of showing that balance, I really enjoy reading your posts.

    And look at that boy of yours sitting up so nice and straight in the boppy, chatting away. He's doing great!! Oh, and I sooo remember the day Russell finally figured out he had feet! It was a big milestone for us as well!

    Keep writing the way you do...Being open and honest. There are so many out there that need to read posts like yours because they can relate. I have passed your blog on to two new Moms I have recently come into contact with simply for the fact that you share your real thoughts and feelings and that helps new Mom's feel less alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you always know just what to say Jenny?! Thank you! ;) I always worry after I write something, and then I remember that I started this blog for me and if I can't be honest then I shouldn't write it. I for sure don't want to scare any new moms or seem like a Debbie Downer so I definitely try to share all the awesome things!

      I had to cut out the last part of the video because he did a big ol face plant at the end. He's getting stronger though! ;)

      Delete
  3. This little guy, his smile is so overwhelmingly cute, I can't imagine what it is like in person! I don't think we ever have to be rainbows and unicorns, honestly. I'm not like that about any of my other kids, after all. Plenty of stressing going on there! Love to you, mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha...so true! We were never rainbows and unicorns before Camden for sure. Maybe only sometimes. ;) Love ya friend!

      Delete