Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Lake Time

Every year we take 2-3 mini trips to Lake Tawakoni during fishing season. My hubby has a friend who lives up there and is a fishing guide so he always takes Richard out fishing. This past weekend was our first trip there for the year and I must admit I did not want to go. It sounded good in my head when it was planned, but the closer it got to going the more I dreaded it. We were meeting Richard's good friend from Abilene and his two sons plus we had some other friends that were going too. A few days before leaving I tried to get out of it by telling Richard that I didn't mind if he wanted to go by himself and spend time with his friends. He was not liking that plan. He wanted his family there and I don't blame him. I don't know why I was dreading it. I guess I thought it would be such a hassle to take the trip. It turned out that it really wasn't at all. It took some extra packing and an extra stop on the way to feed Camden and that was it. I really am so glad we went because we needed to get away from everything and just chill out! Okay...maybe I just needed to chill out. I actually relaxed, did NO research, only got on the Internet for a bit, and just enjoyed my family. It was a much needed time off!

Camden's personality has really blossomed over the past couple of weeks and it has been so fun to watch. He started smiling a month ago but it was very sporadic and we had to work really hard to get them. Capturing a smile on camera was next to impossible! Now days he smiles much more often and is starting to giggle a bit. He was definitely happy to be somewhere else besides home and the doctors office I think!


 
 




Between all the guys they probably caught about 70-100 fish over the weekend. Richard didn't go out with the guide because he wanted to do trot lines instead. One of the boys caught a 10.5 pound black bass which is supposed to be big for that particular fish and I guess that was pretty exciting. Can you tell that I don't know much about fishing?! All I know is that we have more catfish now to put in the freezer with the others. I suppose you can't have too much fish! Carter really wanted to go with Richard to bait and check the trot lines but we forgot his life jacket. So he settled for holding the fish instead. He probably had the best time out of everyone and that alone made the trip totally worth it! I'm looking forward to going back in a couple of months!


Richard and Bill with the catch of the day
 
 

Carter claims he caught this fish :)
 
 

.
Richard and Drew pulling in the flat bottom. The
lake was so low cause we have had no rain.
 
 
 
 
The weather was perfect! It was in the 70's all weekend.
 
 

I am not happy ALL the time!
 
 

Fish, fish, and more fish!
 
 

Carter decided he wanted to run around in the water
with his socks and shoes on.
 
 
 
Carter wanted to do everything the big kids were doing.
 
 

Peek-a-boo!
 
 

Looking for frogs.
 
 
He really didn't want his picture taken with me!
 
 

I know...I know...this is not the best position for
his hips and legs. Just wanted to try something different.
 
 
Yes...he wears that dang hat 95% of the time!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment