Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

My children are my joy in life. I love them with every fiber of my being. From the second I knew life was growing inside me the unconditional love was born. We are connected by something that's bigger than I can explain. This Mother's Day is different for me. It's not because I have a child with special needs...it's because of how that child has changed me into a different kind of mother. People tell me that my boys are lucky that God chose such a "special" mom for them. I have said it before...I'm just like any other mom. There is nothing "special" about me. I'm the lucky one. I have four AMAZING boys. My two stepsons accepted me into their lives and have shown me a kindness and love that touches me everyday. I have my two young boys that teach and show me how to be a better person. When we found out Camden had Ds I was scared to be his mother. I just knew I would fail him. How in the world could I ever do this? I thought I was the last person God should have chosen for this job. What kind of mom would I be for Carter if I'm taking care of his brother all the time? Today, my thoughts have shifted. I AM the best mother for these two boys. I was born to do this. They are by far my greatest accomplishments. I live and breathe for my sons. I am grateful to God for all that I have been given. I am truly blessed. 

Happy Mother's Day to all you mommies out there and to my mom who has helped shape me into the person I am today. I love you!

God's Helpers

God could not be in every place 
With loving hands to help erase 
The teardrops from each baby's face, 
And so He thought of mother. 

He could not send us here alone 
And leave us to a fate unknown; 
Without providing for His own, 
The outstretched arms of mother. 

God could not watch us night and day 
And kneel beside our crib to pray, 
Or kiss our little aches away; 
And so He sent us mother. 

And when our childhood days began, 
He simply could not take command. 
That's why He placed our tiny hand 
Securely into mother's. 

The days of youth slipped quickly by, 
Life's sun rose higher in the sky. 
Full grown were we, yet ever nigh 
To love us still, was mother. 

And when life's span of years shall end, 
I know that God will gladly send, 
To welcome home her child again, 
That ever-faithful mother.

--George W. Wiseman







6 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day. So lovely. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Mother's Day to you as well sweet friend!

      Delete
  2. This was beautiful. Hope you had a great Mothers Day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! It was a good day! I hope yours was wonderful as well! I loved all the pics of your kiddos!

      Delete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal...it was great! I hope you had an awesome day too!

      Delete