Monday, February 11, 2013

First Time Blogger

After Camden's diagnosis of Down Syndrome I began frantically searching the Internet for anything and everything about DS. Even though I am a pediatric nurse, I will be the first to admit I only knew the basics and that wasn't a lot. What I found at first (medical conditions, developmental delays, cognitive impairments, etc) only added to my despair. I then started to read blogs, A LOT of blogs, and soon became comforted and at ease with my new reality. I kept thinking I would try the whole blogging thing out but then soon put it out of my mind. I'm not a writer. In fact, I'm probably borderline terrible at it! After 2 months of being on this journey I decided to try the whole blogging thing out mainly because its therapeutic to me, but also to share our lives with friends and family. I also hope that I can help others out who face a diagnosis of Down Syndrome just as other bloggers have helped me!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Holland!!! :) Your little family is so precious!! :) Excited to follow along on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Following Eli and other little ones have really inspired me! It is definitely like being part of one big amazing family!

    ReplyDelete