Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Then and Now

Then:
 
I was scared.

I felt alone.

I was heartbroken.

I felt like I disappointed my husband and Carter.

I wanted to run away.

I cried constantly.

I was angry.

I thought life was unfair.

I hardly smiled.

I'm pretty sure I was depressed.

I couldn't see any positives in my life.

I dreaded the future.

I was stressed and exhausted.

I hated Down syndrome.

I loved my son with all my heart.
 
Now:
 
I am still scared.

I worry about the future.

I know that my husband and Carter are far from being disappointed.

I only cry every once in a while (it's not often).

I feel full of joy.

I smile all the time.

I am still stressed.

I am blessed more than I ever thought possible.

I have fun.

I am lucky.

I know I am not alone.

I have many new friends that are like family.

I love my life.

I embrace and accept Down syndrome.

I love my son with all my heart.
 
 
It's amazing how much has changed in 18 months. We've come a long way and I wouldn't change a thing.


4 comments:

  1. Perfect thoughts.......many of us, no matter what stage we're in, can easily relate to all of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't until I wrote these down that I realized how much my feelings have changed in just a short time. I never would have thought I would be in a good place today!

      Delete
  2. I can relate to everything you wrote...Trust me, as the years go by things just keep getting better. Greater peace is still to come my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! I'm going to believe you because everything you have told me so far has been the absolute truth! ;)

      Delete