Monday, June 17, 2013

This Man

For those of you that don't know my husband, let me tell you a few things about him. He has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I have ever known. If you are in trouble or in need of help, Richard is the person you want in your corner. I used to get frustrated and always asked him why he wants to try and help every person in need that comes across his path. I have seen people take advantage of his generosity more times than I can count. Over the years people have used him and it would make me so angry. I'm very protective over my husband and I don't like to see him treated like that. When I ask him why he does this, his response is always the same. "If I can help one person change their life out of a hundred...then it's worth it." Richard is friends with all walks of life. He never judges and he will treat someone who only has a penny the same as someone who has a million dollars. If you truly want to change your life for the better he will give all he has to help you do that. Numerous folks have told me that they would be lost without Richard. They tell me Richard is like a brother or best friend to them when they have no one else. Many say they would probably be in jail, homeless, jobless, or friendless without Richard. This tells you what kind of man he is. I believe this is his purpose. Not everyone can do what he can do.

Now, don't get me wrong. He is also the most stubborn and hot headed man that I know. I guess a lot of men are. I really can't say much because I am too. Arguments are pretty much pointless as we both always claim we are right until one just gives in. It keeps it interesting for sure!
 
My husband definitely saved me during a difficult time after Camden's diagnosis. I know I would have been stuck in that dark place a lot longer if it weren't for him. I will always remember the day when Richard came to see us two days after we found out Camden had Ds. As you know, he was not with me when I received the results because he was working back home two hours away from the hospital. Looking back I'm glad we were in different places because we both process things very differently. We hardly spoke on the phone in those two days. When he drove up and got out of his truck he said "I'm excited about this." I remember thinking "excited...what the heck is there to be excited about?" From that point on he never looked back. His optimism made it hard for me to be sad. He let me know that it was gong to be just fine...even better than fine. Even now, if I'm feeling down he tells me to get over it. "There is nothing to be sad bout" he always says. He's right this time.

This man loves his children fiercely. He gives all that he has for his boys. His eyes light up when he is talking about any of his sons. He is an amazing man. Happy Fathers Day Richard. We love you with all our hearts!



 



 
 


 
 
 

 
 
 


 
 
 



 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. I love the thing he said about being excited. You got a good one, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tribute! He sounds like a great person for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! He's definitely a good one!

      Delete
  3. So I'm reading all your blogs and this one made me cry. I'm so happy for your family. The way you describe Richard and your family is touching. I think you have a talent for the blogging too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...thank you Melissa! That means a lot! I would not be where I am today without that man and my boys! You know how wonderful he is! ;)

      Delete