Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Nice Break

We've been on a nice little break from almost everything. I took a couple of weeks off from all social media because I felt like it was consuming me. I cancelled all therapy appointments the past month because I was either dreading them or getting depressed after. I mentioned I was in a funk in my last post and that funk went on longer than expected. That was when I decided I just needed to recharge and it absolutely helped. I think my boys were grateful too. 

We went to Fredericksburg (which is down in the hill country part of Texas) a couple of weeks ago for a few days. We usually try to go once a year. It's a cute little town with lots of wineries, shops, and beautiful scenery. This little vacation was much needed by the whole family. 














Here are a couple of the spring pictures we had done of the boys. The best pics were when they weren't looking. Carter does this weird fake smile now and Camden just stares at you like you're nuts when you are trying your hardest to make him smile.





Easter was great despite the gloomy weather. The egg hunt ended just before the storm hit. We got to see Rylie, but Ryan couldn't come this time. Carter loves spending time with his big bubbas. It's nice to watch their relationship grow as he gets older. The boys got to spend time with their Uncle Tommy and soon to be Aunt Amy too. 






We have been able to spend a lot of time outside lately and I'm loving it! This time of year is perfect. Once June hits we start with the 100+ degree temperatures and it's steamy hot.





The great thing about this little break was that Camden's skills really started to come on like crazy. He's done more new things these past few weeks than he's done in months. A lot of them were little things that we've been waiting forever for him to do. He did this before a while back. Once I backed off and took a break from things, he would bust out a new skill. I think he can feel the stress and frustration from me at times. I promise to write all about it in my next post. I will say that he definitely moves now. He's not crawling or scooting, but he has his own crazy way of getting around. There is no more of sitting him down somewhere and expecting him to stay there! 



It was a good break!



















8 comments:

  1. Camden is a cute little guy and you are doing the loving things he needs most.
    Uncle Reagan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Uncle Reagan! I need to remind myself of this more. ;) I hope you all are doing well!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Breaks are fantastic and good for the soul for everybody. I too often found that when I just took a break from pushing Owen so hard, suddenly he did all the things I was waiting for. Pushing can be great, but knowing when to take a break is even better. Looks like you had a wonderful time with family! Love that pic of Carter and Camden with the flowers........they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I need to learn when to take a break. I find I wait until my breaking point, and that's not good for anyone! It's funny how the little ones can sense things. I mean he started doing the things (like clapping) that we've been working on for months. He did them all in a couple of weeks time. It's crazy!

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear you had a nice little break...That is the best thing you could do for yourself and your boys. Always love seeing pictures of them, that Easter picture of the two of them is adorable :)

    Had to smile reading that when you backed off Camden would bust out a new skill. Back when Russell was that age a lot of us Mom's blogging would see that happen. We would worry and stress over our kids not mastering some skill...We would blog about it, message each other to talk about it. Then we would give in, back off, and Bam...The kid would learn the skill! lol

    I so enjoy reading your blog posts, I am glad you are sharing your journey. The highs and the lows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jenny! I'm telling ya, one of these days I'm going to start believing you when you tell me that he WILL do these things. I guess as a mom I just naturally worry or get impatient. You just have to keep me reminding me it will be okay! :)

      And...I love reading your blog posts as well. It's one of the few that got me through the beginning times. :)

      Delete
  4. It's definitely nice to take a break and recharge! The Easter pictures are adorbs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! I think my family was thankful that I took a break! ;)

      Delete