Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Month In Pictures

Well I tried very hard to post every day during Ds awareness month. I did so good until the end. I only missed two days, but I was still disappointed. This past month has been so busy! I don't really feel like much got accomplished around here, but we sure have been on the go non stop! I thought I would just sum up the past month with a bunch of pictures and as little talk as possible. So, here we go!

It has been a huge milestone month here at the Hill house. Camden finally learned how to roll from his back to his belly. I was so obsessed with this for some reason and when I decided to let it go, he did it.





About a couple of weeks after the rolling, he started to sit up unsupported for long periods of time. Now he is becoming a pro at it! I'm super excited about this one because I really thought it would be a while longer. That's what I get for underestimating my boy!




Then...he started to actually move! He's been attempting to crawl! He gets up on all fours first, tries to go forward, and then always plops down. Since that doesn't work he just uses his straight legs to push forward. Hopefully I can get a video soon. Everytime I try to film him, he stops and looks at me like I'm nuts.

We also had a good weight gain month. He has been 15.5 pounds for almost 3 months and I really thought that's what he would be when he turns one year old. I guess I was wrong...again. He now weighs 16 lbs 3 ounces. He's still a peanut, but maybe he'll hit 17 pounds by his birthday!



One thing I also learned at that appointment is that it is NOT fun to give a four year old shots! This was the before picture.





We were able to make a zoo trip with our pals Evan, Stephie and Aaron. It was Camden's first time.






We also made it out the State Fair. It was a little chilly, but tons of fun. I ate way too much of course, but that's what it's all about! Right?!








We attended our first ever Buddy Walk this year. I had no idea these even existed until after I had Camden. They are held in a whole bunch of different cities and it is a way to celebrate Down syndrome awareness month. There are lots of activities for the kiddos and the actual walk part of it is short. We went to the one in Abilene because we really liked the people we have met there. One of my friends I have met on this journey was so sweet to have us over for dinner the night before. We have really connected with some awesome folks.






We went to a second walk in Arlington the next weekend. I was really excited because I got to see a few of my Rockin Mom friends and their babes.













We were visited by Iron Man and a sweet lil pumpkin for Halloween!






This mommy got to have a "me" night and did the Bad Prom Run with my girls.




All in all, it has been an excellent month! A lot of good things happened and much fun was had. November already looks to be just as busy with Pulmonology appointments starting up again, ENT appointment, Thanksgviging, Camden's first birthday (yep...already), hubby out of town for hunting season, and whatever else can be thrown in there. I'm over the top excited for the holidays coming up because last year we spent them all in the hospital. So this year we will be going overboard! Can't wait! Now I just need to catch up on my blog reading! 


8 comments:

  1. You WERE busy! Love all the pictures....that family one at the state fair is cute. Sounds like Camden is hitting some serious milestones--WTG buddy!

    Can't wait to hear more about the 1st birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I'm sure you were the same way when O turned one, but I can't believe it! In the beginning I thought a year would never pass. It's amazing how different things are now (emotionally) than a year ago!

      Delete
  2. I could tell you've been busy, I missed you! And, of course, seeing those little boys of yours. <3

    There is going to be a slew of birthdays and I'm going to be emotional! Can't wait for all the birthday posts. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe our boys are turning one this month! I mean...really?! Someone asked me today how old he was and when I said 11 months they really thought I was lying. I was like "nope...he tunes a year old in 3 weeks!" I wish we could all have one big party together!!!

      Delete
    2. By the way, expect a lot of texts soon! I have many questions! ;) Love ya!

      Delete
    3. Lol. Text on!

      Five year birthday. We should find a way to get together and have a huge party. Let's do it!

      Delete
  3. I missed you guys! Love all the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...thanks Crystal! I've missed reading everyone's blogs! Each time I told myself I would sit down and read, it never happened. Must get caught up!

      Delete